Innovation and formulation development
The Research and Development Laboratory of Macrofarm s.r.l. is made up of highly qualified personnel, which includes chemists, pharmacists, biologists and technicians, who accompany the customer step by step from the initial idea to the realization of the project.
The research and development work carried out by Macrofarm is aimed at improving the products in three aspects:
- Quality: through the development of new ingredients or new technologies, better able to satisfy the customer;
- Safety: through continuous investments aimed at improving product safety;
- Effectiveness: through constant formulation research, in order to develop truly effective products that are as close as possible to the needs of consumers.
New formulations have always been developed by testing raw materials and creating prototypes and samples, which are subsequently subjected to chemical-physical and microbiological stability tests.
To date, research, development and prototyping have allowed us to create cosmetic and nutraceutical solutions of high quality standards, focused on the needs of our customers.
Our team therefore takes care of:
- development of raw materials and innovative technologies in the cosmetic and nutraceutical fields
- development of new cosmetic, nutraceutical and medical device formulations
- development of new technologies for the optimization of already existing cosmetic or nutraceutical formulations
- selection and optimization of excipient compatibility
- development of scientific rationales relating to the products and technologies developed
- support to companies wishing to enhance the creation of innovative products through the filing of patents, registration of trademarks and scientific publications.
Our team of highly qualified professionals with solid experience in the field boasts numerous publications in various scientific journals:
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Luca Scrivano, Fabio Amone, Rocco Malivindi, Mariarosa Ruffo, Anna Francesca Vattimo, Vincenzo Pezzi and Francesco Puoci. Interconnected PolymerS TeChnology (IPSTiC): An Effective Approach for the Modulation of 5α-Reductase Activity in Hair Loss Conditions. J. Funct. Biomater. 2018,9, 44;
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Mariarosa Ruffo, Rocco Malivindi, Anna Francesca Vattimo, Vincenzo Pezzi and Francesco Puoci. Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (MIPs) as Theranostic Systems for Sunitinib Controlled Release and Self-Monitoring in Cancer Therapy. Pharmaceutics 2020, 12, 41;
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Luca Scrivano, Sebastiano Candamano, Mariarosa Ruffo, Anna Francesca Vattimo, Maria Vittoria Spanedda and Francesco Puoci. Molecularly Imprinted Microrods via Mesophase Polymerization. Molecules 2018, 23, 63;
- F. Amone, N. Scigliano, A.F. Vattimo, G. Pulitano. Valutazione dell’efficacia cosmetica in vitro – Inibizione dell’enzima 5α-reduttasi nel processo di caduta dei capelli. Cosmetic Technology 1, 2020;
- Ortensia I. Parisi, Rocco Malivindi, Fabio Amone, Mariarosa Ruffo, Rosella Malanchin, Federica Carlomagno, Cristiana Piangiolino, Vincenzo Nobile, Vincenzo Pezzi, Luca Scrivano and Francesco Puoci. Safety and Efficacy of Dextran-Rosmarinic Acid Conjugates as Innovative Polymeric Antioxidants in Skin Whitening: What Is the Evidence? Cosmetics 2017,4, 28;
- Mariarosa Ruffo, Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Fabio Amone, Rocco Malivindi, Domenico Gorgoglione, Filomena De Biasio, Luca Scrivano, Vincenzo Pezzi and Francesco Puoci. Calabrian Goji vs. Chinese Goji: A ComparativeStudy on Biological Properties. Foods 2017,6, 30;
- Mariarosa Ruﬀo, Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Francesco Patitucci, Marco Dattilo, Rocco Malivindi, Fabio Amone, Catia Morelli, Alessandra Nigro, Diego Sisci and Francesco Puoci. Controlled Release of 5-FU from Chi–DHA Nanoparticles Synthetized with Ionic Gelation Technique: Evaluation of Release Proﬁle Kinetics and Cytotoxicity Eﬀect. J. Funct. Biomater. 2020,11, 48;
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Mariarosa Ruffo, Fabio Amone, Rocco Malivindi, Domenico Gorgoglione, Filomena De Biasio, Luca Scrivano, Vincenzo Pezzi and Francesco Puoci. PDO Rotonda’s Red Eggplant Extract: In vitro Determination of Biological Properties and Minerals Bioaccessibility. Current Nutrition & Food Science. Volume 16, Issue 1, 2020
- Mariarosa Ruffo, Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Luca Scrivano, Donatella Restuccia, Fabio Amone, Maria Stefania Sinicropi, Rocco Malivindi, Giovanni Aiello and Francesco Puoci. Role of Calabrian Black Rice in Metabolic Syndrome: in vitro Evaluation of Oryza Sativa L. Indica biological properties. Current Nutrition & Food Science, 2017, 13, 1-7;
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Fabrizio Francomano, Marco Dattilo, Francesco Patitucci, Sabrina Prete, Fabio Amone and Francesco Puoci. The Evolution of Molecular Recognition: From Antibodies to Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (MIPs) as Artiﬁcial Counterpart. J. Funct. Biomater. 2022,13, 12;
- Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Marco Dattilo, Francesco Patitucci, Rocco Malivindi, Vincenzo Pezzi, Ida Perrotta, Mariarosa Ruffo, Fabio Amone, Francesco Puoci. “Monoclonal-type” plastic antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 based on Molecularly Imprinted Polymers. 2020
- Tiziana M. G. Pecora, Ortensia Ilaria Parisi, Walter Bertin, Barbara Ragazzo, Marco Dattilo, Norma Scigliano, Rocco Malivindi, Fabio Amone and Francesco Puoci. Barrier effect and wound healing activity of the medical device REF‑FTP78 in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Scientifc Reports. 2022. 12:6136